8.25" Chrysler Rear Axle Shaft, 29 Spline 97-04 Dodge Dakota, 30-1/4", Right Hand, 6x4.5" Bolt Pattern
Chrysler 8-1/4" Right Rear Axle Shaft OE Replacement
Nitro 1541H steel and 4340 alloy & chromium and molybdenum alloy axles commonly known as "chromoly":
Our OE replacement axles are made of 1541H steel for a 25-35% increase in strength over their stock counterparts. Nitro 4340 chromoly axles are also heat treated but are designed with extra material for strength where it's needed. All of our axles are precision machined to OE specifications for excellent fitment.
1541H steel is a heat treated, carbon steel with .41% or less of other impurities. The heat treatments make the metal harder, with out making it brittle with a tensile strength of 181,000 psi. Up to 35% stronger than OE axles.
4340 cromoly steel, is a lower carbon steel with a minimum of 10% chromium by weight. Known as a high strength, low carbon steel with a tensile strength of 228,000 psi opposed to OE standard 1040 steel with a tensile strength of 110,000 to 130,000 psi.
That means they take more punishment, to get you further down the trail or off the trail entirely. That's Nitro Tough.
Nitro also offers extra long-splined shafts which can be cut to length and blank shafts for custom spline machining. Each new product is subjected to multi-point inspections and then actually installed and set up by Nitro's own in-house differential professionals to ensure excellent fitment and easy setup. At Nitro we strive to meet demands for new ratios and Fits and we are continually developing new products to stay ahead of the competition.
- CNC precision machining & heat treating processes ensure excellent fitment and overall strength.
- Our heat treatment is applied after the splines are cut which allows for deeper penetration where strength is needed.
- We have a rapid and ever growing range of products to meet new demands and Fits.
Please contact us with your specific questions and inquiries.
- Manufactured from 1541h material which is 25% stronger than stock
- Rear Differential: Chrysler 8.25" 10 Bolt
- Axle Shaft Length: 30-1/4"
- Axle Spline Count: 29
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 6x4-1/2"
- Bearing Journal Size: 1.618"
- Material: 1541h steel
- Warranty: 5 year
Box Weight: 17 lb
Box Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 in