Chromoly Rear Axle Shaft Bundle with ARB RD157, 35 Spline for Dana 44
Nitro Gear & Axle
Chromoly Rear Axle Shaft Bundle with 35 Spline ARB RD157 for Dana 44 OE Replacement
1 ARB Air Locker:ARB-RD157
1 Nitro Chromoly Dana 44 JK Rear Axle Kit:
Nitro 1541H steel and 4340 alloy & chromium and molybdenum alloy axles commonly known as "chromoly":
Our OE replacement axles are made of 1541H steel for a 25-35% increase in strength over their stock counterparts. Nitro 4340 chromoly axles are also heat treated but are designed with extra material for strength where it's needed. All of our axles are precision machined to OE specifications for excellent fitment.
Triple drilled axles flanges will accept 5 on 4.5", 5 on 5" (standard JK pattern) or 5 on 5.5" wheels. Studs are pressed into 5 on 5 pattern as shipped from Nitro.
The axles included in this bundle kit comes completely assembled. Studs pressed in, axle bearings, retainers, tone rings and seals pressed on ready to bolt into your factory housing. Most other brands do not supply the complete parts and do not pre-assemble them requiring either purchasing additional components or removing them from your old axles rendering them useless as spares or to sell used.
ARB Required Parts:
These parts are required for installing this product on your vehicle.
CKSA12 air compressor (extremely compact, operates up to 2 air lockers, not intended for oversized tire inflation) or CKSA12 air compressor (compact, operates up to 2 air lockers and will inflate tires when paired with a 171302) or CKMTA12 air compressor (still compact, operates up to 2 air lockers when paired with 171503, will inflate tires AND run air tools when paired with a 171302 and will run even faster when paired with a 171501 air tank
These parts are not required for installing this product on your vehicle.
ALSB3 - bracket for mounting three (3) rocker switches. Manufactured from steel and powder-coated black. (Suitable for moutning both a front and rear air locker and a compressor switch.)
The advantage of the ARB Air Locker lies in the pneumatically operated locking system inside the differential. When activated, the Air Locker prevents the differential gears from rotating and therefore prevents the axle shafts from turning independently of each other. With both wheels tied directly to the rotation of the ring gear, the vehicle maintains maximum possible traction at all times. When unlocked, it operates just like a conventional 'open' differential.
The Dana 44 Trademarks referred to herein is trademark of Dana Limited. The Dana 44 Trademark is used for informational purposes only, and there is no connection between Nitro Gear & Axle or JT's Parts & Accessories and Dana .
Nitro Axle Features:
- Chromoly steel is 40-50% stronger than OEM axles
- CNC precision machining & heat treating processes ensure excellent fitment and overall strength.
- Our heat treatment is applied after the splines are cut which allows for deeper penetration where strength is needed.
- We have a rapid and ever growing range of products to meet new demands and applications.
ARB Air Locker Features:
- Provides 100% traction on demand without affecting on road drivability or driveline wear.
- Vastly improved traction means less reliance on momentum, which reduces the likelihood of vehicle damage and environmental impact.
- Easy, convenient operation allows the user to concentrate on the terrain without leaving the comfort and safety of the driver s seat.
- Ultra durable and extremely strong - only the highest quality materials used in construction.
- Incredibly simple yet effective design that employs minimal moving parts, thereby ensuring maximum reliability.
- Rear Differential: Dana 44
- Axle Spline Count: 35
- Axle Material: 4340 Chromoly Steel
- Gear Ratio: 3.73 & Down, Aftermarket Thick & All JK Gears
Box Weight: 53 lb
Box Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 in