Nitro Gear & Axle Ford 8.8" & 7.5" 28 Spline 30", 5 Lug, Rear Axle Shaft for Ford Mustang 1994-1998
Sale Price $147.00 Price $163.33 you save: $16.33 (10%)
7.5" & 8.8" Ford 10 Bolt Nitro C-Clip Rear Axle Shaft OE Replacement
Fits both Passenger and Driver Side
- Nitro 1541H steel and 4340 alloy & chromium and molybdenum alloy
- axles commonly known as "chromoly":
- Our OE replacement axles are made of 1541H steel for a 25-35% increase in
- strength over their stock counterparts. Nitro 4340 chromoly axles are also heat
- treated but are designed with extra material for strength where it's needed.
- All of our axles are precision machined to OE specifications for excellent fitment.
- 1541H steel is a heat treated, carbon steel with .41% or less of other
- impurities. The heat treatments make the metal harder, with out making it
- brittle with a tensile strength of 181,000 psi. Up to 30% stronger than OE axles.
- 4340 cromoly steel, is a lower carbon steel with a minimum of 10% chromium by
- weight. Known as a high strength, low carbon steel with a tensile strength of
- 228,000 psi opposed to OE 1040 steel with a tensile strength of 110,000 to
- 130,000 psi.
- That means they take more punishment, to get you further down the trail or off
- the trail entirely. That's Nitro Tough
- Rear Differential: Ford 7-1/2" & 8.8 10 Bolt
- Axle Spline Count: 28
- Axle Length: 30"
- Lugs: 5
- Material: 1541h Steel
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4-1/2"
- Bearing Surface: 1.400"
- Hollander # 447-2006
- Ford Part # F4ZZ-4234B
1994-1998 Ford Mustang
Box Weight: 15.5 lb
Box Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 in